It happens to the best of us. Food drips on the baking pan and burns to a crisp. We don’t have time to scrub the pan clean so we let it sit. We wait too long to completely remove the baked-on debris and just settle on “good enough.” Well, today is the day to make your cookware look new again! We’re going to deep clean pots, pans, and bakeware…and organize the cabinet in the process.
GATHER YOUR SUPPLIES
• Decluttering Toolkit
• Nylon pan scraper
• Bar Keepers Friend
• Dish Sponge or Scouring Pad
Set a Timer
Dr. Seuss once asked,
“How did it get late so soon?”
You don’t want to be Dr. Seuss today! Decide on the time you will allow for this project. Set your timer and charge forward!
DECLUTTER & DEEP CLEAN POTS, PANS, & BAKEWARE
Here are a few tips to make the job easier:
• Pull out ALL of your pots and pans and place them by the sink. Avoid repeatedly rummaging through your cabinets with wet hands.
• Use warm/hot water. If you have a double sink, fill one approximately half full with hot water. If you have a single-hole sink, get the water as hot as you can handle!
• Collect appropriate tools: A nylon pan scraper, Bar Keepers Friend, a scrubber sponge, and a heavy-duty scouring pad for stainless steel pans. Reminder: be sure to AVOID using harsh abrasives on coated pans!
• Carve out some time and start scrubbing! Turn on some music that will get you moving! Depending on the amount you need to clean, this could take a while, but once you get in the groove, it will be over in no time!
Now that you have all your cookware spic and span, re-evaluate your needs before returning them to the cabinets. If you find yourself with six cake pans but really only need two, donate the remaining four. If you’ve managed to collect more saucepans than you would ever use at one time, get rid of a few! Real estate is at a premium here under this counter and you want to use it efficiently and effectively.
Your assignment for today:
• Set your timer. Then deep clean those pots, pans, and bakeware!
• Continue working on Habit #2
• Consider adding this to your Rainbow calendar.