As we embark on this journey to streamline your life, I’m going to suggest a few areas that we can declutter. The first one we are going to tackle is our books.
Getting rid of books, whether we’ve read them or not, is a tough task for most of us. I totally understand! Books are personal. They can represent our hopes and dreams. Our education. Our accomplishments. Our goals.
But…they’re just books…and they take up space. If you’re like most people, they take up a LOT of space!
That’s why I want to challenge you to look around your home today and find ONE book you don’t need (more if you’re extra motivated) and pick one of the following to accomplish:
1. Sell it on Amazon.
2. Trade it on Paperback Swap.
3. Take it to a used bookstore to sell or trade.
4. Trade with a friend or just give it to her/him.
I know it’s just one book and one book doesn’t take up that much space. But if you’re like the majority of Americans, you probably have dozens of books that you haven’t touched in years.
So, give it a try, declutter your books. See if you miss it. If not, try again!
Your assignment for today:
• Continue working on Habit #3.
• Sell, donate or give away at least one book.
• Keep working on your Rainbow calendar.